We support people who have experienced or are experiencing mental health distress in the Hutt Valley. MIX participants are supported for who they are, to be themselves, and to reach their full potential.
MIX offers an inclusive and supportive space that aims to foster self-determination and wellbeing.
- Ki te tihi o ngā rangi. Through living our values, we will reach our potential and be the best version of ourselves, whatever that may be at the time.
- Whakamana i ngā ahuatanga katoa o te tangata. We see all of the individual.
Everyone is unique. Te whare tapa wha enables us to support the individual as a whole: their mental, physical, social and spiritual selves. Through this, we can provide the right support at the right time for each individual.
- Mahi ngātahi. We work together.
One person alone can’t hold all the answers. We work together with participants, staff and the board as well as our wider community. Through this collaboration, we embrace our strengths and diversity to learn from each other.
- Whai huarahi. We create opportunities.
Opportunities open doors. We support individuals to learn and grow by providing opportunities inside of MIX so that they can flourish outside of MIX.
- Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei. We strive for growth and empowerment.
We work hard to continuously grow. We solve problems by focusing on what can be achieved within our means, for our society.
How we work
We work in partnership with service users, and welcome suggestions and feedback.
We have two daily programmes:
- the Wellbeing & Community Programme
- the Creative Space Programme.
All MIX participants can access either or both programmes to ensure their needs are fully met. In both programmes, we use the Five Ways to Wellbeing as cornerstones of our work.