MIX Connecting Creating Living Inc. is a community mental health not-for-profit organisation seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Art Tutor to provide art services to our participants. As an art tutor, you will facilitate the use of various art mediums to help participants cope with their mental health challenges and express themselves in a supportive and creative environment.
- Plan and deliver a variety of art sessions to participants with mental health challenges, in both individual and group settings
- Develop goals and objectives for each participant, and adapt sessions to suit individual needs
- Help participants develop their artistic skills and explore their creativity as a means of self-expression
- Build a safe and supportive environment that encourages participants to feel comfortable and engage in the therapeutic process
- Manage and maintain art equipment and materials
- Liaise with other mental health professionals to ensure the art sessions align with participants' treatment plans
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of participant interactions and progress
Ideal Experience and/or training:
- Certificate or Degree in Art, Teaching, Counselling, Social Work or related field would be beneficial.
- Experience in delivering art services to participants with mental health challenges.
- Knowledge of various art mediums and techniques, and their applications
- Ability to work collaboratively with other mental health professionals,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with diverse communities and cultures
This is permanent position for approximately 28 hours per week. If you are passionate about helping individuals with mental health challenges through the use of art and have some qualifications and experience, please submit your resume and cover letter to Kervin.Farr@mix.org.nz by 12 May 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.