Our main policies can be found via the links below. Please contact us if you have any questions. A complete set of organisational policies is available for you to read if you would like to.
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Complaints Procedure
- House Rules
- Consent to Release Information
- Alcohol and Drugs on the Premises
The complaints procedure is displayed in both sites, with complaints forms available in the same places. MIX fosters open communication to ensure the empowerment of participants. We welcome open discussion of issues, problems and feedback through a variety of channels.
You have the right to view information we hold about you, by appointment.
If there are serious concerns about the safety or wellbeing of you and/or other people, staff may need to inform your contact person. It is our policy to inform you if possible, in the instance that we contact someone on your behalf.
Statistics are collected for the government departments who help fund the service. The number of people participating in activities are collected. Two identifiers are used for statistical reports.
1. NHI (National Health Index number): We are required to include your NHI in our statistics reports for the District Health Board and Ministry of Health. This is the same number GPs, hospitals and other health services use.
2. SWN (Social Welfare Number): To participate in the Creative Space and go on outings, we need your SWN number or name and date of birth for Ministry of Social Development statistics.
These departments have assured us this information is only for accountability and planning of better services, and is confidential.
Information about participants is kept to a minimum and is confidential. We record which participants visit each day, who participates in each activity, and the times and nature of any one-to-one support given.
As well as the statistical information above, we only record routine information and communications, such as registration forms, referral or service access information, incident forms, special plans, and concerns related to safety, health and wellbeing, or conduct.